MENU – Individuals Help
When it comes to finances, there is a common misconception that this is an employee-only issue. However, in Keeping WellNEL we’re keen to support our workforce with their financial wellbeing and help to remove financial-stressors from their working day.
Money and debt issues that are left unchecked or get worse can lead to stress, anxiety, trouble sleeping and even suicidal thoughts. To ensure colleagues understand how to improve their financial situation – whether that’s through trusted debt advice, information about how to save/plan for the future – we’re here to help.
- £2,030 – the average credit card debt per household in July 2021*
- £62,670 – average total debt per UK household in July 2021*
- 24 years and 9 months – the length of time a credit card on the average interest rate would take to repay making only the legal minimum repayments each month.*
- £431,000 per 1000 workers – estimated cost to the NHS. Statistics show that a high percentage of employees within the NHS face financial concerns and the subsequent impact this has on their mental health, wellbeing and productivity at work. Neyber research found this alarming cost to the NHS was also equivalent to over £2 million which is the same cost for a small-to-average District General Hospital of 5000 employees.**
- £8,400 – is the ‘income gap’ for those with common mental health conditions (anxiety and/or depression) compared with wider population without reported mental health conditions.***
Please get in touch if you’d like to talk to us about about your financial wellbeing. All conversations are confidential, independent and inclusive.